We would like to take a moment to recognize everyone who makes our events as great as they are.
I would love to give a big thank you to Roger and all the wonderful staff at Spa Excess for helping make our monthly events such a success. As well, we couldn’t have such a success without our volunteers Dan, Mark, Javier, and Aaron.
A special mention goes out to those who donate the many prizes that we were able to give away this year. They were very much appreciated and varied greatly: tickets to bear runs; accommodations; clothing; lifestyle and grooming products; samples; leather; toys; tickets to events; restaurants; toys and website memberships. More specifically:
- Bear Runs: Drenched Fur, CLAW, HiBEARnation, TBRU, and Midwest Bearfest.
- Accommodations: Serenity Ranch Bed and Breakfast.
- Clothing: Arty Urban, Bearskn, Bear Thug, Bear TShirts, Bearwood Apparel, Burly Shirts, Cut2me Designs, Moody Bears, and BearIT.
- Lifestyle: Be Bear Collection and Cubrage.
- Grooming Products: Baarden, Barrister & Mann, Sussex Beard, Khalsa Beard, The Beard Line, Urban Beard, and King’s Landing Barber Shoppe. Our great lineup of samples from Spunk Lube, Beard Paw, Tame The Beast, Walton Wood Farm, and Scotch Porter.
- Leather: Stockroom
- Toys: Fleshjack, Stealth for Men, Giddy, and FatMarker.
- Theatre/Events/Local stores: Buddies in Bad Times, Steve and Francis from PiTBull Events (and The Men’s Room), King’s Lucha Vacation Show, Toronto Queer Theatre Festival, Queer on Stage, Glad Day Bookstore, and Stag Shop.
- Restaurants: The Blake House, Brazen Head Irish Pub & Restaurant, Craft Brasserie & Grille, Free Times Café, Hot House Café, and Local Liberty Village.
- Websites: Recon and Squirt.
- Thanks to the Ramada Plaza Hotel for giving us a 20% discount on any stay at their wonderful hotel.
And of course, a big thanks goes out to Repshirt for producing and selling our t-shirts. Check out the various colours and sizes and order yours at either https://www.repshirt.com/bearsinexcess.html for Bears in Excess merchandise (t-shirts, tank tops, or sweatshirt) or https://www.repshirt.com/chubsatthetubs.html for Chubs at the Tubs merchandise (t-shirts, tank tops, or sweatshirt).
Finally, a big thanks to Janos at Magnum Sauna in Budapest, Hungary. 2019 was a big year for us in that we had our first Bears in Excess event outside of Toronto (hell, outside of Canada). On August 29th, 2020, we will once again be hosting a Bears in Excess Budapest Edition at Magnum Sauna.