Eric and Christian talk to Steve Freitag, editor of “The Palm Springs Bears Cookbook”, a hardbound, full-color, 500- plus page cookbook with an assortment of multi-ethnic recipes from the potluck group members.
A Palm Springs bear potluck group was looking to do something else during the pandemic since they weren’t about to start having potlucks in person when there was a chance of infecting others. They came up with the idea of a cookbook, to raise money for a charity, and it took off from there. So far, they’ve raised about $5000 for a charity there called Well in the Desert, which feeds the homeless, seniors, veterans, and basically anyone in need in the Palm Springs area. They felt feeding people is what they do at potlucks, so a charity that feeds people is a good fit.
► RELATED LINKS:
- The Palm Springs Bears Cookbook:
- The book: https://bit.ly/3Hs888S
- Merchandise: https://bit.ly/3W8hD1a
- Well in the Desert: Well In The Desert
- PS Cookbook Bears Food and Recipes Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/3uCxKID
- PS Cookbook Bears Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/3UNzVn9
- Marco Veloso: https://linktr.ee/bym